Introduction to Microblading
Eyebrows frame and define your eyes while providing structure to your face. Whether you prefer your brows thick and bold, or arched and precise, women everywhere are looking to simply their daily beauty routine. Microblading is a semi-permanent, tattooing process that creates fine, hair-like strokes. This method gives the appearance of realistic, fuller, and natural looking eyebrows. This treatment helps minimizes the time it takes to perfect your brows. I use a variety of microblading techniques that are effective for everyone's individual skin type. During the consultation, we will discuss method, brow shape, and color in order to achieve your desired look.
Free Design Consultation 30 Minutes
We will discuss your desired look including an in-depth analysis of the symmetry of your face, skin type, and lifestyle. If you have an ideal shape in mind, bring a few reference photos with you. It's helpful to know about your skin care regime, including the use of Botox and fillers, and medical history including any medications currently prescribed. If you choose to book an appointment, a patch test is required to determine skin sensitivity.
3D Microblading $450 120 Minutes
Using a manual tool, ink is implanted into the skin creating hair-like strokes. This process restores the appearance of realistic natural looking eyebrows. This service will last for up to 18 months. A touch-up is required after 8 weeks of your initial session to complete the process for optimal results. This method is best for people with dry skin.
Ombre Powder Brows $495 Available Soon
For those who prefer a soft, blended, powder filled brow. Using a digital device with micro-needles mimics the look of everyday, makeup application. Over time, pigment fades leaving the skin and your natural brows behind - lighter at the bulb (front) of the brow and going darker towards the tail. The ideal candidate for ombre powder brows are those with oily skin, have had previous microblading, or prefer a filled-in brow. This process can last up to 24 months.
Signature Combo Brows $575 120 Minutes
This process combines 3D microblading with manuel shading. Brows look natural and filled in providing an enhanced and fuller looking brow. The combo brow technique is perfect for those with oily skin, previous tattoos, or those who desire more density than microblading alone.
Touch Up $150 60 Minutes
After the initial treatment, a touch-up is strongly recommended. This touch up should be scheduled 4 to 6 weeks after your first appointment. The touch-up service will perfect any areas of color variation, missing hair strokes or enhance the saturation.
Annual Color Boost $250 90 Minutes
Lifestyle, skin type, and environmental factors can diminish the look your brows over time. This treatment is to revitalize pigment and enhance color saturation that has been lost. During your appointment, we will evaluate, shape, size and color. Your annual color boost needs to be scheduled within 12 months of your original procedure. Appointments made more than 12 months following your original procedure will be considered as a new treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is microblading permanent?
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattooing process that ideally lasts up to 2 years depending on skin type and lifestyle.
Does microblading hurt?
Microblading is designed to lightly scratch the surface of the skin. For most people, this process is not be painful. However, I do offer a topical anesthetic to ease any discomfort.
Am I a candidate for microblading?
If you have had any of the following treatments or if you have any of the below listed medical conditions, microblading is not recommended.
- Use of Accutane within one year
- Heart conditions
- Diabetes (will require a physician's note)
- Skin disease or irritations
- Botox injection within the last 4 weeks
- Recent sunburn or chemical peel within the last 4 weeks
- Allergy to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
- If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult with your physician.
- Anyone who has any serious medical conditions may require a physician's note.
How long is the healing process?
There is a 10 day healing period. During that time you will need to avoid water saturation of the brows and excessive sweating. You will be provided with a topical healing oil which you should apply one to two times daily. Your brows will go through a "butterfly effect". During the first 1 to 4 days, your brows will darken and you will begin to notice they will scab. This is normal process and your body's way of healing. Between Day 4 and 7, your brows look faded and patchy. They will begin to itch and you will see flaking. Do not pick or scratch your brows as this will hamper the healing process and color development. From Day 7 to 10, you will notice your color and stroke pattern begin to appear again.
What is required before my procedure?
- Do not work out on the day of your procedure.
- Limit caffeine intake in the morning of your procedure.
- Do not take any blood thinning medications including asprin, niacin, vitamin E, or Ibuprofen, 24 hours prior to your procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol the night prior or on the day of your procedure.
- Do not wax or thread your brows within 3 days of your procedure.
- Avoid exfoliating your face within 3 days of your procedure.
- Stop using Retin-A or Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products for 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- No laser or chemical peel within 4 weeks of your procedure.
- No microdermabrasion or dermaplaning for 2 weeks before your procedure.
What is required after my procedure?
- Clean the treatment area on the night of your procedure with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil. After cleansing the area, using a Q-Tip, apply a thin layer of the healing oil provided. A drop of oil will coate both brows.
- Besides gently cleansing the procedure area daily, keep water off your brows for the next 5 days. This includes sweating, saunas and hot showers.
- Do not use face creams, exfoliators, or harsh cleansers on your brows during the healing process.
- Normal activities can resume immediately. Avoid heavy exercise such as running, weight lifting, swimming, etc., for the 10 days following your procedure.
Possible risks and complications?
All proper precautions are taken by using sterilized equipment, new needles and performing the procedure in a sterile environment. Should clients follow the before and after care instructions, there should be minimal risks or complications . Although allergic reactions to the pigments are rare, it could be possible for certain individuals. A patch test is required to test for skin sensitivities. The patch test needs to be performed 5-7 days prior to your procedure.